DjangoBooks.com

How useful do you find BiaB?

Hi all,

At the risk of a mundane question, just curious what you guys think about BiaB, specifically 2020, I guess. I hate it years ago from here, along with a bunch of packs, but can remember very little. Do you find it useful for the money? How so? How are the transcriptions?

-Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.

Comments

I started working my way through it. I primarily bought it to have bass lines played by the software as I start recording more music. The GJ rhythm tracks sound great, great for backing. I'll let you know as I'm learning.

Passacaglia
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Musicalia, Bucolo et. al.

I use iReal Pro for putting together backing tracks & play-alongs, etc.

I re-voice the midi bass, pianos & drums with Garageband sample sounds & then record real guitars & woodwinds.

It's 1/10 the price of BIAB.

It might be interesting to compare the two programs, see which one is outputting the best bass lines for gypsy swing, waltzes, bossas, etc.

-A--

Passacaglia
    |\ _,,,--,,_ ,)
    /,`.-'`' -, ;-;;'
    |,4- ) )-,_ ) /\
    '---''(_/--' (_/-'
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

Thanks very much guys. I probably should have stated what is probably the ridiculous, that I'm pretty heavily (re)-invested in rhythm and feel I'm probably too long in the tooth in more ways than one to try any serious lead learning. I really don't remember much. Is it (or iReal - thanks Andy) decent at all for a play along for rhythm? I realize the best is probably just joining Nin-Nin or Nous'che on an album, but, well, you know.....!

-Paul

The bass tracks sound very realistic, it's impressive. I'll record a chunk and post.

Passacaglia
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭

Awesome, thanks man!

-Paul

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited May 25 Posts: 1,393

I use BIAB a lot, both for practising over and for making backing tracks to play over when i do my solo gig shtick.

My 2013 version is getting a bit long in the tooth, but then again so am I... and who knows if I will ever be able to play a gig of any kind again due to the pandemic?

Anyway, the price for BIAB 2020 is pretty shocking...

I live in a little tourist town called Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, Canada, which is about twenty miles north of Niagara Falls.

If you are ever planning on visiting the beautiful Niagara area, feel free to PM me and perhaps we can get together and do some jamming.

Here's that backing track for After You've Gone, I think this one is John Jorgenson style...