DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

FEgger FannieTall

aer vs fishman

williamwilliam New
in FAQ Posts: 2

can someone help me.. I have a Mateos Audrey oil rubbed finish that comes with a pickup...

what is the difference between the AER amps and an another acoustic amp like a fishman artist?

There are no stores where I live that carry AER so I have not been able to try one..

Comments

• JDRookeJDRooke New
    edited July 6 Posts: 25

I have a Fishman Loudbox. I find it packs a punch, volume wise. But, it's kind of like a keyboard amp, in that it adds nothing to your sound. It does not make whatever is plugged into it sound better, like an AER. If I fix my sound prior to the Loudbox, with mic and/or pickup and/or pre, it can sound fine. I haven't played the Fishman Artist.

I haven't owned an AER, but perform those who do. AERs sound great and can own a pretty big room.

I have another recent post on the Bugera, a $250 bargain. It's marketed as a copy of an AER. It's not. But, it does sound pretty good and has some handy features. It seems to go well, when played next to an AER.

2 or more AERs is the equivalent of a wall of Marshalls in my book. Those things rock hard. Midrange/bassy, tho.

I played through a comparable Hendriksen amp, and it was cool as shit. But, it's more of a playing through tubes sound.

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso

there's no comparison... AER is like a bear against a fishman salmon!

MichaelHorowitzjonpowlrudolfo.christ