DjangoBooks.com

Best budget gig worthy guitar

Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
Im sorry if i post a lot (my post about the altamira m01 and gitanedg250m) actually i should have asked:
What is the best budget gig worthy guitar?
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• jeffmatzjeffmatz ChicagoNew
    The one played well:)
    t-birdChrisMartin
  • What is your budget? What guitars are in that budget? Can you play those guitars? If not, what is the general consensus on best within that budget?
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    See other recent posts about Altamira or Gitane - all of the pros and cons of buying factory made sub $1k guitars have been covered there.
  • Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
    Budget is max 1050 dollars
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    The new Eastman looks and sounds like a serious contender !
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    edited November 2018 Posts: 541
    I can’t believe how nice my preowned Cigano GJ-15 is. Pick one up used for $200-300.
    Andrew, thanks for the reply but i allready have a gypsy guitar and im willing to spend around a 1000 bucks because i really want to take the next step and get a semi-pro/good guitar
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Of course as you are in Netherlands anyway, you have a wider choice of older guitars in the local market too.
    I don't mean the known dealers, most of their stock is over your budget, but there will be a lot more available from private sales.
    Obviously you still need to get to try them to avoid a 'turkey' but there should be a few Patenottes or Geromes and even the occasional Di Mauro does come up for around 1,000Euros. Of the more recent recognised names, Mateos and Dupont Nomade always look excellent value too.
    If you can get to France, or maybe even just the northern end, check the ads on Le Bon Coin.
    Guitares-Occasion also has many guitars for sale in Belgium as well as the rest of Europe.
    I am not one of those guitar snobs who always say 'vintage is best' but there are many to choose from if you take your time and generally they will usually keep a better resale than any new factory made guitar simply because of the law of supply and demand.
    At least you are in the EEC and don't have to worry about CITES certificates to import from within Europe.
    Ebay will still get a few too; this one might take an offer close to your budget;
    https://www.ebay.nl/itm/40s-50s-Sonora-F-hole-Gypsy-Jazz-Django-Manouche-guitar/253955876735?hash=item3b20f3277f:g:oHYAAOSwh9pa4tlm:rk:4:pf:0
    the same seller also has a nice Jacobacci for a little less.
    Thanks for the idea, i might start looking for a vintage guitar then :)