DjangoBooks.com

Is Jimmy getting back?

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    edited August 2018 Posts: 3,319
    Eli, check these out

Some great licks in this one and also an example of someone who doesn't use strict GJ right hand picking but still gets a great powerful tone and phrasing acoustically

His YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLp2YW_jhDRlGwueIhJ9kcg

Elí Saúl
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    Not much discussion here about Jimmy coming back - are we all too jaded to hope for that? I think Jimmy's playing, while often extremely flashy, was always pretty tasteful and amazingly spot on - very few (if any) "wrong" notes.
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    The Jimmy Rosenberg album ‘rose room ‘ is an all-time favorite of mine. Just Jimmy and an accordion player . It’s just phenomenal
    MichaelHorowitzsteffoElí Saúl
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yep I have Jimmy Rosenberg with accordianist Stian Carstensen. Great disc!
    steffo
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    I have to check the liner notes, that’s probably the album. It was produced by Jon Larson . Check out the waltz version of dark eyes on that album, wow!
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Yes I saw this clip of Jimmy on Facebook, intrigued to see what he may be up to. I've avidly listened to the Larson produced albums on YouTube and they are fantastic. I was very moved by the documentary about him and Jimmy. Let's hope he finds his way back.

Jimmy has always struck me as a person who's mind works a mile a minute so his fast and lively playing seems very true to himself, but he also had that great touch to bring out the emotion when he needed it. A magic combination.
    Buco
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Van yeah that disc I have is produced by Jon Larson.
  • Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
    I will check out Rijsdijk!
    Not much discussion here about Jimmy coming back - are we all too jaded to hope for that? I think Jimmy's playing, while often extremely flashy, was always pretty tasteful and amazingly spot on - very few (if any) "wrong" notes.

Yeah he was a tasteful flash, i think he has a great sense of musicality specially when he plays solo.
    Seeing that picture is extremely depressing:(
    Damn
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Yup, getting old isn't fun and lots of drugs only makes it worse.