Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

AbbeyLyman TDog test joechoo LatriceCha

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

The coolest la pompe I've heard played on electric guitar. Swing 39 plays "Swinging With Django"

I fell in love with this guy's rhythm playing the second I heard it and thought it was worth a share. Sounds really great!

Comments

• swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)
    Thank you! Put those arch tops to work!
  • criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭
    I disagree. That's not la pompe at all. That's american swing played the american way (and there's nothing wrong with it)
  • What's the difference? I thought American/Western Swing was simply that it doesn't have an upstroke which I think I hear him playing.
  • Chris MartinChris Martin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Petrarca Modèle Chorus, Di Mauro Modèle Django, Gitane DG-250M, Favino Model 5A, Bucolo 'petite bouche', Hoyer & Framus Archtops, and a few electrics.
    This is going to open up that old swing rhythm v le pompe argument - been discussed on here many times before - and it seems some still can't tell the difference.
    criminelBones
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Cameron Park ,CANew DiMaruro, Paris swing, Altamira m30d
    Could open the can of worms about if we should Bring the male hair perm back into style
    Bones
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Eps, yeah kinda cool but def not pompe and there are big differences between American/western swing and GJ rhythm. It's been discussed a LOT. Just search the forum (use the search tool) and you'll get more info than you need to get up to speed on this topic.