DjangoBooks.com

Listening Recommendations?

Comments

I like his Bouncin' Around even better. For me it's one of the best albums I've heard in the genre.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • morriconemorricone Asterstein, Koblenz, GermanyNew Cigano GJ10 Harley Benton HBMC 500
    I'll check it out.
    This is pretty cool. Lots of new listening suggestions to keep me/us going for a while
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    morricone wrote: »
    I'm sat in tonight listening to Les Doigts de l'homme who are one of my favorite groups...

If you like LDDLH, recommend to get on itunes and buy "Sur la route des epices" or some other albums from le trio bbq.

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/sur-la-route-des-épices/735678270?l=fr

There is no group that puts as much care into the composition, arrangements, and recording quality as LDDLH do. I've searched for years. But, these guys from Montreal must come pretty close, it's great stuff!

A lot of videos on youtube too (their Guillame Tell is a great arrangement for GJ trio and Deux Doigts is a nice original)

morricone
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    Hi everybody, like many of us I was very often disappointed by the recent CDs I could buy, always the same tunes, too much velocity showingg off and very little lyricism. That's why I was so pleased when I downloaded the Jon DELANEY's albums "Paname" and "Distance" from this site : https://jondelaney.bandcamp.com/album/paname
    https://jondelaney.bandcamp.com/album/distance

Personnally I hate cronyism or as we would say in France "copinage", but I believe that one should really listen to Jon's music if he's tired of the usual boring production. These CDs were issued a while ago, but I only discovered Jon's recordings recently. It was Mitch from this site who first pointed out these recordings.

Enjoy

And a very Happy New Year to all.

Best

François
    NewcastleBudChrisMartin
  • MartinGMartinG MontréalNew Dupont
    Hi to all ! I'm very glad my band Paris Music Tales was suggested by some of you !

We are 3 parisian guys and play only compositions (waltzes, medium swing and ballads). It's not mainstream gypsy jazz, we also define our style as "slow gypsy jazz" (haha) even if there's a fair amount of watzes.

Anyway, we release our 15 songs album, "Grabuge", in october 2018. If you want to know more check this new video, and subscribe to stay in touch (or contact me) :

We'll upload some new ones soon on Youtube, but I will probably write just one other post when the CD is out : I don't want to spam this Forum :-)
    richter4208Elí SaúlBillDaCostaWilliams
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Lovely! The world needs more music like this. At least I know that I do. Yes please, post again when your cd is out.
  • Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
    MartinG wrote: »
    Hi to all ! I'm very glad my band Paris Music Tales was suggested by some of you !

We are 3 parisian guys and play only compositions (waltzes, medium swing and ballads). It's not mainstream gypsy jazz, we also define our style as "slow gypsy jazz" (haha) even if there's a fair amount of watzes.

Anyway, we release our 15 songs album, "Grabuge", in october 2018. If you want to know more check this new video, and subscribe to stay in touch (or contact me) :

We'll upload some new ones soon on Youtube, but I will probably write just one other post when the CD is out : I don't want to spam this Forum :-)

So very nice, it's always inspiring hearing compositions in the genre, I been trying to get in that road myself as well hopefully soon I'll have enough material.
    Please do announce when your CD is out! I'm eager to listen to it.
  • MartinGMartinG MontréalNew Dupont
    Thanks !!
    Here is a new swing composition, "Sweet feeling" :
    wim
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    Ah, bass solo à la Slam Stewart, très cool!
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Nice MartinG, listening now. What a great sound. Congrats on the upcoming album