Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthdays

juanderer Henry_A

Who's Online (0)

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Some lucky soul with end up with this vintage gem!
  • Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
    Gérard Cardi used a Carbonell similar to this (without the pick guard) on Bousquet’s “Hommage a Django”

These are really cool and rare guitars.

MichaelHorowitz
  • Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
    edited April 19
    Sort of. There are stills taken from a TV show and you can see Cardi but never the guitar 100%. The album “Hommage a Django” is actually the audio from this TV broadcast. The repertoire is the same, the sound is the same and the instrumentation is the same except the solos are different enough to indicate there were different takes. The guitar is identifiable by the unique cutaway design, headstock and soundhole which undoubtedly belong to Carbonell. Several years ago I found an old classified ad on the internet of someone selling Cardi’s personal guitar and I reached out to the seller for photos but never got a response.

Here is a picture of a guy playing rhythm for Bousquet on a Carbonell that is exactly the same as this one (with the exception of a customized pickguard). For those interested, Bousquet played a Selmer on this album. There are certain angles where the shadows catch the pliage at such an angle that it reminds me of the Selmer that I carried back from France for you, I think it was #872.

Best,

TeddyG

PS: I thought I’d throw in a photo of Bousquet’s hand massive hand. I’d read somewhere that people would say he was so powerful that he could break a set of strings with one strum and judging by this picture I don’t doubt it!
    MichaelHorowitzCalebFSU
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @"Ted Gottsegen"

Nice spot...thanks as always for your historical insight into the genre.