DjangoBooks.com

Incredible rhythm study

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Relatedly, here's a new YouTube video that has Mathieu doing a nice rhythm solo (starts at 2:09):

Adrian
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 4,740
    I'll make notes next time I'm watching.

@Jazzaferri Jay, Ed is fantastic, been listening this afternoon to the one with Desmond and his duo with Don Thompson which is also a textbook of jazz comping done well. Thanks
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • plexi69plexi69 New
    Any idea of what brand of motorcycle in the background?
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 3,707
    @Buco ...... so glad you enjoyed that. Listening to Seb and Mathieu took me back to DFNW - I think 2010, same one as Rosenberg Trio. I took courses from both of them. Mathieu had enough English to show us his rhythm stuff but he translated for Seb at the time.

Sebastien is such a wonderful artist and Mathieu and he have conversations on stage at the same level as Paul D and Ed B (another of my fave guitar players)
    Buco
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    adrian wrote: »
    Relatedly, here's a new YouTube video that has Mathieu doing a nice rhythm solo (starts at 2:09):

Adrian

Yes!
  • Sweet @adrian
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    plexi69 wrote: »
    Any idea of what brand of motorcycle in the background?

Yeah I was wondering the same.
    It could be Indian but I'll ask a fan and collector friend.
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Yes I was also thinking Indian, perhaps from the 50s. But not 100% sure.
  • b7everb7ever New
    It is performances like Sebastien's and Mathieu's here that developed the love I have for this music from the beginning.
    Bucoterrassier
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Jojo wrote: »
    Amazing stuff! Does anybody know the songs being played (I recognise a few but not all)?

0:00 Anouman
    2:35 I’ll Remember April
    8:00 Tears
    13:20 ???
    18:45 Minor Blues
    22:28 ???
    25:17 Montaigne St. Genevieve
    27:28 All the Things You Are
    32:17 Limehouse Blues
    36:44 Mélodie au crépuscule

Perhaps someone else can fill in the ???s.
    Buco
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles