DjangoBooks.com

playlists

scotscot Virtuoso
in Welcome Posts: 653
Spotify playlists were mentioned on another thread. Have many people here made public playlists of GJ music? My wife made one on spotify with nearly 500 songs, it's called "tzigane" with username "kantsaye". Who else?

Comments

• nomadgtrnomadgtr Colorado Bumgarner, Marin, Holo, Barault
    Mine is called "Jazz Manouche" and has 2566 songs currently. Keep in mind though that some of it can be related to the genre by virtue of the artist involved. So for instance, Bireli has a huge catalog which is in that playlist but not every song would be considered GJ as we know. I thought it simpler to draw on his whole catalog rather than weed through everything in the pursuit of being a purist.
  • TubaphoneTubaphone Kansas Mateos Django
    I have a public one named "Gypsy Jazz Whatnot", I'm up to about 1,300 songs on it... User name is markjbanjo.
    I'm not much of a playlist guy but I just noticed a bunch of Romane albums got released for streaming, there are 17 albums on Spotify.

What's a good Romane album? I'm listening to Double Jeu with Stochelo.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    I have a small playlist on Spotify (24 songs) called Gypsy Favorites.