DjangoBooks.com

Antoine DiMauro Modele Django for Sale

tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
in Classifieds Posts: 124
This is a cool 1950s guitar that was for sale by Michael - although i did not buy it from him.
This is the link to his description which is still accurate.
http://www.djangobooks.com/Item/antione-di-mauro-roundhole
the thing is light as a feather; the clarity is great; the long cracks alluded to are slightly more visible than in the pix, but totally stable. Also, the tuners are three leaf clovers; or clubs, like a suit of cards;
I have a Favino and a Jos. DiMauro, and this one does not get played.
$1,250.00 plus shipping.
Daveyc

Comments

• DaveycDaveyc
    Would you ship to central IL?
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    i will; i sent you a pm as well
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Great guitars, love mine, and totally agree with Michael's description. I found it strange to get such a sound out of a guitar so light, but soon got used to it. A fair price too.
  • DaveycDaveyc
    Thanks Tom . It's hard to not be able to hold and play it but I trust you , and you all here , it's still tough for me . I have hope:) if it's meant to be . Thanks for the input Chris.
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    edited February 2016 Posts: 541
    Does seem very reasonable - I'm very tempted as a step-up from my Dell Arte. Hmmmm... Is it really 640mm? I think I read somewhere this model was 650 mm. If it was a D-hole I'd be all over this. I could be talked into it, though.
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    really is 640; just right for what it is
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    I'm still looking at guitars - it seems there are 3 of these round holes just on Djangobooks.con right now. Yours seems the most original; the others have had major work done or don't have the "DiMauro" stamped on the back of the headstock. Does yours have a totally flat fretboard (no radius)? I have a hard time with classical style fretboard.

Hope all is well,
    Andy
  • tomcunntomcunn ✭✭✭
    just sold it; gave buyer a week to see if he likes it; if not i will get back to you