DjangoBooks.com

New Rosewood Bridge = awesome

anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
I just put a new rosewood bridge on my Alta Mira and I'm shocked at how much it changed the sound. It's like I own a new guitar. I think I may stick one on my DG 300 just for shits and giggles, what do you think ? A waste of time ?
BTW, The bridge is house made by **** down in So Cal. Get's my recommendation for sure.

Anthony

Comments

• Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
    I put one of Tommy's bridges on my ALD and have been very pleased.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    I'm surprised that changing your Bridge and making sure it fits the guitar top properly was not listed in

"keeping your guitars in shape" discussion

http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/discussion/14537/keeping-your-guitars-in-shape#latest

Guess I was to lazy myself to share how this one thing can improve your guitar. I have about 8 different bridges Dupont's included and have changed a wall hanger into a goto guitar with very little work or expense.

There are many threads to get your understanding of the process into your mind.

:)>-
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    In interested in getting a new bridge for my altamira m01d. Do these bridges have to be fitted to the guitar?
    I've been a bridge nut for a while (but not a nut about the nut, I'll leave that to flat top guys, we have a zero fret) using one built by Dan Hunt, picked it up Caravan guitars. Guitar sounds great with it I still want to build my own but don't have a space. I'd also love to take my guitar to the great luthier and have it custom built. I tried 4-5 on my guitar and every one brought something different to the sound. A lot of fun can be had with this without spending a lot of $
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Richter, my bridge came from **** in LA. they have an online store at ****.com. the bridge is their in house made Rosewood bridge. My guitar is an Alta Mira, and didn't really require any special fitting. You just need to measure your bridge height in millimeters and pick a bridge based on that.
    On Djangobooks, you can order the Dupont bridge as well, the only concern is that they state very clearly that dupont parts are ONLY for dupont guitars. you would have to ask Michael if that's just what they say, or if it's true that dupont parts won't work well on non Duponts.

Anthony
    Dupont bridge will fit any other guitar of the style just fine, Michael once mentioned that they required him to put that in description (for whatever reason).
    I'm sure they're good bridges but I could not, as of yet, justify the price.
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Any ideas on where I can get dimensions/plans for making a bridge? I fancy having a go as my first steps into eventually making guitars.
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Shemakimoo, contact Craig Bumgarner. He might have some advice on that.
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Thanks anthon_74... I'll do that :-)
    @shemakimoo I'll send you a document outlining the basic steps of making the bridge. Hopefully sometimes today.