DjangoBooks.com

Roy Williams & the Human Hands

Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
in Welcome Posts: 1,252
Under that category of world's most humble musicians... a few months back, Roy texted me and said something like: "What's up, man? I have a new project now - we're working on an album & it's great fun."

Then today, John Shannon & I were chatting about strings and at the end of his note he pointed at a video and said something like: "Hey, this is what the new group is doing and we're having a great time!"

So I clicked on the link, expecting to hear a new band - of talented guys to be sure - but new - feeling its way toward its sound. But instead, here was this video of a band that is tight, and swings, and is creating a new sound that makes me think that this is might be a lot like what it would have sounded like if Django had lived to make that final trip to the states and spend time mind-melding with Les Paul and creating swing music.

Wonderful work, guys... holy cow.

You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
pickitjohnNejcBucoaltonadrianNonebbwood_98bopsterBarkonator

Comments