DjangoBooks.com

Ischell air+ contact mic kit

nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
in Welcome Posts: 274
Has anyone every tried this? http://www.ischell.com/en/products/full-packs/msk2/pack-msk2-acj-detail
I've seen reviews of the contact mic but any experience with the combo? Thanks

Comments

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    I use the one w/o the black box and it is my favorite system for natural acoustics that I have tried, those being a Schirtler (a bit boxy sounding), Audio technica (Feedback prone) Guzz and Peche which are of course magnetic and really not after the acoustic sound. You have to create a good seal for the mic as it is very sensitive but once done (not hard) the sound is quite good. It's main advantage is good acoustic sound at a contact mic volume.
  • nicksansonenicksansone Amsterdam, The Netherlands✭✭✭✭
    Is the one with the black box the dual system? Contact and "Air" microphone? Thanks
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    The addition of a second mic sounds like a good idea. Might clear things up a bit.
    Every system works.
    Its a matter of which you like the best.
    IMO the Ischell would be much more appealing if it were easier to install in a pitite bouche on the interior of the instrument.
    Having this wad of goo glommed on to the face of my guitar ?
    I vote no.
    Folks that have been working with every system over the years almost always find their way to the layering of signals.
    So with 2 signals to process the potential for finding a tone that is full spectrum and compatible with your personal esthetic is much higher.
    This Ischell with its low midrange and midrange paired with a cardioid capsule could potentially sound great.
    The Ischell contact mic sounds very hermetic , a second signal with some air and open high frequencies would be a welcome addition to the Ischell sound.
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    While I agree it is non-pro to putty a pickup there are certain advantages. the pickup can be moved to another guitar and sometimes a guitar sounds good in one club, might need more highs in another and moving the pickup can sometimes help with that. Still bothers me when I use high end gear for almost everything I am reliant on putty and a thin cable but it's the best I have found so far.
    @ scoredog. I hear ya..
    I use a Barbera Soloist on my Favino.
    That in combination with an electro mag, a Peche in my case or a mic , (I like the DPA), is all I could ask for and gets exactly the sound I want .
    I have a AER that I removed the wizzer tweeter from so I don't have that sibilant noise following every note.
    The Soloist is only available as a custom install as it requires a purpose made bridge .