DjangoBooks.com

chords for "Nadja" & "Ghandi's Revenge"???

RussigRussig Anchorage Dupont MD-60
in Repertoire Posts: 11
I've been looking for chords to Nadja (by Svend Asmussen), and Ghandi's Revenge (on a recording by Hot Club de Norvege by Jon Larsen I think), but can't find them in any of the usual places. If I were ambitious, talented, smart or younger I might be able to figure them out, but.....

Anyone have chords to share?

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited February 2015 Posts: 1,855

Nadja is a nice tune!

I learned it from a jazz violinist I once played with, so I can't guarantee these changes are exactly the ones used by the Norvege gang, but here are the ones I use..

A section- twice

Dm Gm/A7 Dm %
    Dm E7/A7 A7 %
    Gm C7 F6/A7 Dm
    Gm A7 Dm. %

B section- once

Gm7 C7 F6 Dm7 Gm7 C7 F6 %
    Gm7 C7 F6/A7 Dm E7 A7 Dm. (A7)
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • RussigRussig Anchorage Dupont MD-60
    Great- thank you

Here's a backing track I like to play along with.

I like this tune because it slips around from minor to major like a lot of the great ones from the American Songbook..
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • RussigRussig Anchorage Dupont MD-60
    Most excellent- thanks. It's a fun tune.
    I forgot to mention that it has a four bar vamp at the beginning, but I guess if you've tried it you know that already...