DjangoBooks.com

Gypsy in KC

in Welcome Posts: 13
I love in KC and I'm having trouble finding true Gupsy Jazzers to play with and get guidance from. I'm a swing guitarist now, but I would love to get more into Gypsy Jazz and without a jam group or any to guide, it's difficult.

So, anyone know of a person or two here in KC?

-Danny
Www.swingukulele.com
Tagged:

Comments

• Ben Wood is in St. Louis. I know it is not KC and it is at least 3 hours, but he can play.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Maybe talk to the people at Mass Street Music in Lawrence -- it's definitely a bluegrass-heavy scene, but they might know some local gypsy-jazzers.
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    There is an accordionist that has posted on the forum before, who is based in KC. If I can dig up his name I'll post it.

And yes, we have a jam here in St. Louis, the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month. Ben Wood is a regular, as well as 4 or 5 others. We're over 3 hours away, but we can certainly help put you up for the night and show you a great time!
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    Lindy, If you get us a gig or two in KC, We can work it out. My band FRanglais is based in ST Louis. I'd be happy to hang, and if you are passing through town- hit me up!
    The jam here is very welcoming as well! Bopster does a great job hosting it.