DjangoBooks.com

Django, Baro, and Gangsters

Comments

• MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    But I bet you'll be 100% right on this one.

Ah, that one; Django playing faster than his shadow!

Yes, I'm going to practise on those kinds of photos for a while before I attempt any trickier stuff. ;-)
    BucoTeddy Dupont
  • MischaMischa
    François,
    Antonietto mentioned also a bar called La Pointe d'Interrogation that Baro was perhaps involved in as well. Ring any bells?
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    Two photos of Baro Ferret with La Boite à Matelots. The first one with Django kneeling and the other with Sarane Ferret and Gusti Malha. Guérino is in both.
  • François RAVEZFrançois RAVEZ FranceProdigy
    François,
    Antonietto mentioned also a bar called La Pointe d'Interrogation that Baro was perhaps involved in as well. Ring any bells?

Hi Mischa,

Sorry for the delay, but I had to check my documentation. Unfortunately, I have no information about it. Could you please indicate the document where Alain Antonietto mention this place. He just mentionned to me the Bar Vert.

François RAVEZ

Baro Ferret or as his family want to call him now Baro Ferré.
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    So exciting and so interesting ! There is a tonne of information in this post and the comments.

And Ted, I am really looking forward your pdf about Jacques Montagne (and by the way I didnt know that Canone was the name of his son, I really like this tune)
    ......and here he is playing in that movie:-

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Hey
    I posted a link of this interesting story on the french forum dedicated to the gypsy jazz (we really lack this kind of post on the french forum). And someone indicates that the place where the two photos of Baro and his friends in a bar were shot was not the bar of Baro Ferret but the bar of his friend Jean Laplace, the guy on the left of Baro on the first photo of the bar, second on the right on the second photo and whom is dedicated the photo with DJango.

He is pretty sure about that since he got the right to use the photo (the first one) from the son of Jean Laplace for his first CD. [The son of Jean Laplace also funds this first CD]
    Wow that totally contradicts all the other information about these photos! The "Jean" certainly fits though. Could you try to find out who Jean Laplace was although if he were a gangster, his son might not want to admit it. Does he have a better quality copy of the signed photo?