DjangoBooks.com

Gig bag for Favino sized guitar

Howdy
I'm in the market for a new gig bag for a Favino sized guitar.
The new bags are more protective than the old school bag I've been using.
I'm looking at 2 possibilities.
The Reunion Blues Continental "dreadnought" size and the Mono "dreadnought standard".
Looks like the Reunion might be a better fit according to the listed specs.
My question is , have any of you folks bought one or the other for a Favino and hows the fit ?
Cheers

Comments

• JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    I've got the reunion blues you mentioned for my Favino. Fit is good. Not really tight (a small bit of wiggle room) but a good fit, and basically very snug. Very good, protective bag - although it is quite large/bulky.
  • MaximusVolumusMaximusVolumus ✭✭ Holo
    Al, I have the RB dreadnought case, and it's a little snug on my Hodson (as far as pressure on the bridge). Without anything in the front pocket, it's just fine, but I can't comfortably put anything large or heavy inside the pocket and keep my peace of mind.

If you don't plan on carrying any kind of book, laptop, pedal, or anything similar around in your guitar bag, then I'd definitely recommend it (nice weight distributing handle, solid and comfortable straps, etc.).

-Max
  • pa_tpa_t ✭✭
    Hi Al,
    I bought a Mono "dreadnought standard". It is an excellent gig bag and the fit is perfect for a Selmer copy guitar. But it is too tight for a Favino n°10 model; I wouldn't use it for a Favino...
  • Al WatskyAl Watsky New JerseyVirtuoso
    Thanks for the replies !