DjangoBooks.com

Django In June 2014 was awesome

13»

Comments

• Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Craig, I just caught up with this, and I wanted to thank you for the kind thoughts. As for your guitar building "ambitions", it seems to me you are way past the ambition part. Your Derecho model sounds so close to the vintage Castelluccias we had in the show, that I had to double-take to be sure which was which. I just had my "new" vintage Casty show up the afternoon before I left, or I would have gone home with the one you had for sale there. I didn't get to spend time with the Selmer copy you made, but in the show it sounded great, even though it was up against two excellent vintage Selmers!

I steadfastly maintain that my bit at Django in June is just a sideshow. With or without it, Andrew's fabulous show goes on. Whether in the Hot Club or elsewhere, the jamming will go on, and "best" is always a relative term, so the best guitars will always be somewhere.

What warms my heart is that artists seem to want to come to Django in June now, and having come, want to come back. That says all anyone needs to know about the event, the attendees, and the way Andrew runs his show. He has a knack for getting the right people in to teach, and in spite of the growth of Django in June over the years, the event has attracted an excellent group of people as students. It's an amazing way to spend a week of your life!
    MattHenry
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • EmmettRayEmmettRay Honolulu, Hawaii✭✭✭✭ Koa Iseman, AJL XO-503, Holo Busato
    Another awesome year, great to see all you guys again! Michael was right - the only problem was too many friends to hang with now and too little time! That's why I'm getting there on Mondays from now on... maybe earlier if Andrew can do it?

I just got back from Paris/Samois and had a blast. Every gig out there turns into a jam, even Samson's! I played all around town last week, you guys really gotta go check it out if you can! Because of DIJ I know tons of people there now, it's crazy. Everyone I talked to there that has taught at DIJ would love to come back if invited. The teachers all have as much fun as the students.

I hope to see some of you at DFNW!

...or Hawaii?
    MaximusVolumusadrianMichaelHorowitzLoritmo