DjangoBooks.com

"Auld Lang Syne" gypsy-jazz style

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
in Welcome Posts: 545
I whipped up a quick arrangement of "Auld Lang Syne," and you can hear it (and see the chords/notation) here: http://www.soundslice.com/v2/auld-lang-syne/

Really this is just an excuse to demo the new Soundslice standard-notation support. :) But I hope it helps somebody learn this tune for your next New Year's Eve gig!

Comments

• pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @adrian
    Bravo Brother :clap:
    You've been busy and it shows I love it. Settings menu
    is great.

Thanks much
    pick on
    pickitjohn
    adrian
  • Matt MitchellMatt Mitchell ✭✭✭
    wont even open on my imac safari - tries to 4 times...
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Adrian, that is totally awesome. I predict you will become a tech millionaire.

Just curious... How did you create the sheet music, in Soundslice itself or using GuitarPro or some similar program?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • Franz MoralesFranz Morales Philippines✭✭
    wow, first time I opened soundslice on my tablet and I have to say I find the layout easier to use than on my computer! but that's just me... looks like I'll be soundslicing my way through songs via tablet now. :)
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    @Lango-Django: Thanks, and that's a good question. For the sheet music version, I use another program, then import it into Soundslice. That's our process until we implement editing directly on Soundslice itself. :)

@Franz: Thanks -- we spent a bunch of time making it work on tablet! Still not 100% perfect, but it's pretty good considering how much technical craziness is happening behind the scenes.
    Adrian, let's say hypothetically that I was to submit a GuitarPro file, would it work on Soundslice?
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    @Lango-Django -- Yes, once we add the ability to upload transcriptions, that should work exactly as you expect!
    Great, I might submit a cool lick or two.