DjangoBooks.com

Gypsies in Nashville??

AApollo02AApollo02
edited January 2014 in Welcome Posts: 8
Hey, I am a guitarist who is looking to find other people in the Nashville area to jam some gypsy tunes with?
Tagged:

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    I don't know any specific people in Nashville, but I do know that some gypsy-jazzers go to the annual Chet Atkins festival (http://www.chetsociety.com/convention.html). For what it's worth.
  • AApollo02AApollo02
    @adrian I appreciate the heads up on that and I have already made it a point to try to go this year when it comes around.
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Cool -- I'm hoping to go there myself, so at the very least the two of us can jam. :-)
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I just ran across this article on FaceBook concerning the Nashville Jazz scene. The Nashville Jazz Workshop in question does not list any gypsy jazz events or classes. One of my old friends, who is an excellent, professional guitarist, takes an occasional class at the NJW and loves it, although it appears not everybody does. They have an impressive course catalog featuring Chester Thompson formerly of Weather Report. Perhaps the NJW might have knowledge of GJ players around Nashville.
  • AApollo02AApollo02
    @jonpowl Thank you so much! I have lived here for four years and I did not even know something like this existed here. I appreciate the link a lot, Thanks!
  • edited January 2014 Posts: 4,739
    Another vote for CAAS.
    Went in '09, mostly because Joscho was there but turned out to one amazing performance after another during the whole thing.
    Jaw dropping guitar players at every corner and a just a great feel to the whole thing.
    Hope to return some years.

Buco
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel