DjangoBooks.com

Anything "Django" to see in Nashville or Dallas?

Charles MeadowsCharles Meadows WV✭✭✭ ALD Original, Dupont MD50
in Welcome Posts: 432
In the next few months I will be in Nashville (march) and Dallas (May) and was curious if anyone knows of any places that have Gypsy guitars to check out - or anything similar. I live in WV and have never got my hands on anything but my own ALD. I do plan on playing that sunburst Dupont at Gruhns if it's still there. Thanks.

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Don't forget to try the A. DiMauro, at Gruhn's, too.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Charles Meadows

you said…
    I do plan on playing that sunburst Dupont at Gruhns if it's still there.
    http://new.gruhn.com/Inventory.aspx?Cat=am

Glad you remembered… a guy by the name of Wes Langlois gave me a price over the phone of $2850 The guitar has been available for near two years, I would think they would want to move it. Love to know what you think.

They also have…
    A. DiMauro (Paris, France) St. Louis Blues c1970 VG+, neck professionally refinished, refretted and small hairline top crack next to fingerboard (virtually invisible) repaired by Gruhn Guitars, modeled after Django-style Selmer, petite bouche soundhole, 16" body width, cutaway, birdseye maple back and sides, fine authentic gypsy jazz sound, molded HC $5,000.00

Maybe from the same Estate AM7124 is the Di Mauro and AM7123 is the Dupont

Gruhn's inventory page:

http://new.gruhn.com/Inventory.aspx?Cat=am

A. DiMauro (Paris, France) St. Louis Blues c1970

cb0ff43d524e19723a8109008f2283.jpg

pick on

pickitjohn