DjangoBooks.com

play alongs

kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2013 in Technique Posts: 421
Just found this guys play alongs and really like them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/enric522/vi ... rid&view=0

I don't know if someone else posted them before but they have good clarity.

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Cool, thanks.

I like having the grille there too.
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    His technique is not really to my taste, too loose. I listened to 2 tracks and feel sea sick :oops: :oops:
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    kevingcox wrote:
    His technique is not really to my taste, too loose. I listened to 2 tracks and feel sea sick :oops: :oops:
    Yeah, and way too much upstroke - it has a kind of galloping sound. And those rhythm shots at the end of each section are totally out of place on a playalong track, should just keep it straight. It's nice that he went to so much effort, but you can get much better playalongs from Stephane Wrembel and Denis Chang.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • And Robin Nolan
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • John418John418
    Remind me to never develop any free GJ resources and put them on the web.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    John418 wrote:
    Remind me to never develop any free GJ resources and put them on the web.
    OK, don't develop any free GJ resources and put them on the web. :wink:
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • kevingcoxkevingcox Nova Scotia✭✭✭✭ Dupont MD50
    I think it also has to do with the stereo mix, the sounds coming from my speakers are out of sync enough to be noticeable and (to my ear) irritating.
  • kungfumonk007kungfumonk007 ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, I can't post on this forum anymore.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Well, personally I appreciate anyone who puts free playalongs on the web since I don't have any way of recording my own right now and no one to play with so thanks for that! I'll definitely use them.
  • AmmonBAmmonB ✭✭
    Bones wrote:
    Well, personally I appreciate anyone who puts free playalongs on the web since I don't have any way of recording my own right now and no one to play with so thanks for that! I'll definitely use them.

As will I. These play alongs are very helpful, especially for those of us starting out. One can't expect perfection and studio quality for free :lol: