DjangoBooks.com

Guitar Orgy!!!

Comments

• StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012 Posts: 349
    Nice collection (mild understatement)! If I had my pick (no pun intended) I'd go for Selmer 763. No doubt about it, GJ guitars are the best type of acoustic guitars. The first time I played one, it was like coming home. It was the sound I had heard occasionally on recordings, but didn't know any better. Discovered the guitars before I found this great website, but knew immediately what they were. Thanks for posting.
    Swang on,
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Dang Paul and Michael, you guys are killing me!

How about you guys move out to Santa Barbara and we'll hang out!
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    You're killing me, Bones - born and bred Venturan, had no idea you were from Santa Barbara! I'm probably dating myself, but Isla Vista, La Placa, Joe's (Italian place? - just remember gargantuan meatballs, serviceable sauce, noodles, a frenzied love, then), and a billion memories, from childhood through a miscreant teen (thought we were cool - used to do beat improv at Joe's, and got a bit of a weird, cult following). Probably long gone, by now. But loved your town, buddy.

Paul
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.
  • My wife went to school in Switzerland. Somehow that explains Raclette although wr have to improvise on the cheese. Tonight we used an aged danish havarti that is fairly close.

A few decades ago we went to Lausanne for her school reunion. I bought a 20kg wheel of raclette cheese and brought it back as my carryon. Pretty fruity airplane ride. :shock: :lol:
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
    Jazzaferri wrote:
    My wife went to school in Switzerland. Somehow that explains Raclette although wr have to improvise on the cheese. Tonight we used an aged danish havarti that is fairly close.

A few decades ago we went to Lausanne for her school reunion. I bought a 20kg wheel of raclette cheese and brought it back as my carryon. Pretty fruity airplane ride. :shock: :lol:

Hahah, that's awesome, Jay. And perfectly, reasonably devoted to the things that matter. :D
    -Paul

• BonesBones Moderator
    Hey Paul,

Wow, small world. Come on back!

As far as I know Joe's is still there although we don't dine out much these days (food snobs, pretty much shop at the local farmer's markets for all the artisan meats/veggies and catch my own fish so.....).

Man I wish some of you guys would move here. There is literally NO ONE that plays this stuff in SB anymore. The place is wide open for a GJ band.
    I use to swim around the Ventura pier, regularly, and fish there. Also dove the channel islands, used to be part of a "nursery" program for lobster and abalone, trying to restore some of the depletions that had been taking place over decades. Had a pet at the center named That'sa. He was a moray eel. :D

I am so jealous of your seafood! When I had our restaurant, I had it flown in from Maine and other New England waters, mostly, but I badly miss the West Coast!

OK - sorry for the hijack, Michael....between Bones and Tele295, some serious mélancolie du temps qui passe.....la jeunesse!...
    -Paul

• MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    So that's were all the french guitars go...

Could you please post a video where you play one or some of them so that we can ear the sound?
    Should be great
  • Michael BauerMichael Bauer Chicago, ILProdigy Selmers, Busatos and more…oh my!
    Mitch--

Unfortunately, the guitars aren't together now, so that would be impossible. There are video clips of four of mine out there from Django in June and Patrus 53. I'll see if I can find links for you and post them here.

Michael
    I've never been a guitar player, but I've played one on stage.
  • MitchMitch Paris, Jazz manouche's capital city!✭✭✭✭ Di Mauro, Lebreton, Castelluccia, Patenotte, Gallato
    Ok Thank you Michael,

I will search your name on Patrick's website.
    I didn't expect to listen to all of them anyway, but just a few would be very interesting!

Michel