No installation is required. The soundhole clip will secure the pickup without any additional modifications. Some people also use some Schertler adhesive putty to keep the pickup secure.
Many find that a right angle cable is more comfortable and prevents the pickup from getting knocked out of place.
- Magnetic pickup, single coil
- Length: About 140 mm(5.5 in)
- Thickness: About 8 mm (0.31 in) under the string
- Integrated volume potentiometre
- Nickel-plated brass cover
- Back in nickel plated steel with anti-slipping protection
- 2 fixing legs for big “D” soundhole
- Including a cable of 3m(9.80 ft)long
I have been very pleased with the sound quality of this pickup. The sound is very natural and has an acoustic feel. Because the sound is so good, it doesn't need a preamp. The only minor caveats are that it is a bit tricky to put into the D-hole if you have a keyboard extension into the sound hole, and the volume knob sticks up high enough that I can't leave the pickup in when I put my guitar in its case.
Submitted by: Bill on 04/24/2011 01:13:16 AM