Paul Schmidt - Acquired of the Angels (3rd Edition)
For nearly three decades Acquired of the Angels has been an iconic
book – the most comprehensive and highly regarded document on
the two most masterful guitar makers of the 20th century. In this expanded
third edition, enhancements include over 150 new photos, narratives by the
world’s top makers, musicians, and museums, and an overall design that keeps
the eye moving, the intellect flowing, and the heartbeat’s increase.
For those familiar with the book and story, this edition is a celebration.
For the uninitiated, this is a revelatory introduction to a world characterized
by artistry of the highest order, intuition, inspiration, perseverance, and great beauty.
The book will invite the reader to the instruments. The instruments will change the
reader’s life. Turn the page. Start the journey. Ready yourself for transformation.
Guitars made by John D’Angelico and James L. D’Aquisto are regarded as
the pinnacle of 20th century lutherie. Paul Schmidt has written the definitive
study of these masters, and the 3rd Edition, published by DHR, features:
• The complete story of the makers with new interviews and stories• Rare and exclusive online archives and videos
• The complete story of the makers with new interviews and stories
• 9.5″x13″ hard cover coffee table format with fine photo detail and elegant design
• Over 150 new and high def photos to enjoy
• 20+ years of new material – exhibits at national museums, and archtop guitar evolution
• Forward by Jonathan Kellerman