The Challenge: AER was approached by Monte Montgomery to develop an amp that suits his powerful, loud, dynamic , and effects-centric playing style. Monte’s percussive – almost physical – attack required a relaxed amp offering plenty of headroom, with effective but understated dynamic control and a sound reproduction that that blends the directness and attack with a more mild, melodic character.
The Result: AER MM200
• A live amp made for the stage that works for dynamic solo players as well as in a band setting.
• Easy to operate and dial in, without too much tweaking and bending – every time.
• Rugged and reliable
• Bonus: a valuable additional source for recording, particularly due to superb preamps and audio-circuits along the signal path. Line and DI-out deliver the sound at full.
• The “Monte Mute” switch: a feature indispensable for Monte’s needs. Push a button and the amp is muted.
The 2 x 8” Twin Cone Speaker System Offers a strong, defined mid-range and a tight low end – easily capable of live sound pressure levels. UNIV-250 Class A/B Power amp-module used in 2 x 100 W mode Specially designed to handle high impulses, the amp handles multiples of its stated power over the first decisive milliseconds to allow the signal, the impulse, to pass without distortion.
- Channel 1: ¼” input with 3 band tone control
- Channel 2: combined XLR/¼” input with 3 band tone control 4 Digital
Effects with Pan Aux In, Footswitch, Tuner, Line Out, DI Out, Effects
Loop, Headphones Weight 31 lbs