DjangoBooks.com

Ischell youtube video or audio anyone ?

anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
Hey there

Does anyone have, or can anyone post a video on youtube of their guitar amplified using the Ischell system? My AT pro 70 is having problems again and it's past it's warranty date so I'm looking to get a new (and more reliable) system.
I want a natural mic sound, not the slightly(or very) distorted pick up sound, so I'm not 100% sure about the Ischell, but if I could hear one in action....

Thanks

Anthony

Comments

• guitaruaguitarua New Holo
    Try to find some videos of Stephane Wrembel with Roy Williams on rhythm....He uses one and loves it....
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Anthony, I am attaching an MP3 clip of my guitar with Ischell pickup.

I'm a YUGE fan of the Ischell, and I've got the older model that has the separate little metal pre-amp box. The newer models don't need that but they do need phantom power.

Mine has never given me any feedback problems--- ever! ever! ever! And the sound is very natural.

If you can run the Ischell signal through a parametric EQ, you'll like it even better because you can find and eliminate the frequencies with the annoying swooshy finger noise sounds plus tailor the sound to bring out whatever you want: mids, highs or lows.

I've tried lots of pickups in the past and this has been the best by a factor of ten.

At the time that I bought mine, they claimed that both Stephane Wrembel and Daniel Givone were using Ischells... don't know if that is still true or not these days. Who knows? maybe the Chinese are making a knockoff that sells for $19.95?

Will

PS If you do get one, take a little bit of time finding the optimal place on your guitar top... mine sounded trebly and nasal for a while till I discovered I had it too close to the bridge.

BTW, it goes on and off with zero effort so you can switch it and use it with different guitars. And once it's gone, you even can't tell where it had been mounted.

The only thing I didn't like about it was the price when I bought mine in 2013... but now that that is long forgotten, life is good with my Ischell!

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Thanks Will ! Looks like I'm getting one
    Hey, i do have a ischell i might sell, bad thing is that i'm in Paris, but if there is a chance that you come by ... pretty good mike, no feedback, which is great !