DjangoBooks.com

Wishing you a Happy Gypsy Holiday season

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
edited December 2011 in Welcome Posts: 1,665
A warm Maritime Merry Christmas (or Happy Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Holidays/Whatever as appropriate) from the Frozen North to all you gadjos and gadjettes out there. Hope you have a wonderful holiday season and that Santa fills your stockings with Argentine Strings, gypsy picks, and who knows ... maybe that long-sought-after perfect gypsy guitar.

Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• And the same to you and yours
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Nice one Ben!

Happy Holidays and here's hoping that Santa brings plenty of humidifiers to all of you in the "frozen north."

M
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Nice one Ben!

Happy Holidays and here's hoping that Santa brings plenty of humidifiers to all of you in the "frozen north."

M
    Humidifiers rock!

And Michael, thanks for all you do and have done to promote gypsy jazz and gypsy playing. I think I can speak for all of us here in the forum in saying we would not be where we are today without the efforts of people like you, Denis, Andrew Lawrence, and all the others who have shared so generously and given us opportunities to (we can only hope) continually improve our efforts at playing in the style. All the best to you and yours in this holiday season.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • Well living out here on the wet coast we only get slushy. I have not yet had to use a humidifier. Maybe one year we will get another really cold dry spell that goes on for more than a few days
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    klaatu wrote:
    And Michael, thanks for all you do and have done to promote gypsy jazz and gypsy playing. I think I can speak for all of us here in the forum in saying we would not be where we are today without the efforts of people like you, Denis, Andrew Lawrence, and all the others who have shared so generously and given us opportunities to (we can only hope) continually improve our efforts at playing in the style. All the best to you and yours in this holiday season.

Thanks for the kind words! :D

And I appreciate everyone's support of DjangoBooks and this style as a whole. It's a very small but very dedicated community....pretty good company I'd say.

Merry Christmas,

Michael
  • Micky DunneMicky Dunne Liverpool UK✭✭✭✭ Olivier Marin, JWC Modele Orchestre, AJL La Flasque
    Seasons Greetings to all you guys across the pond from here in Liverpool UK.
    Fast and bulbous

www.manouchetones.com
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    ..and from Ireland -have a great one folks, amazing site and great crowd!
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    Happy Haukkah and a Merry Christmas to all of our gypsy playing friends on both sides of the pond, and especially to Michael Horowitz for all of his continuous and hard work. You've kept us at a very high standard, Michael!
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Happy Holidays to all. Special thanks to Michael for keeping the site going and making it such a cool place to visit...and to all who participate, share their knowledge, insight and talent.
    Swang on,
  • KarenAnnKarenAnn Virginia✭✭
    Happy Holidays to all as well. Thanks for all your help Michael. I really enjoyed meeting you out a DFNW this year. In the spirit of the holidays, here is a link to a group I go see whenever they make it down my way. Not GJ , but deeply influenced by it. The first link is to their fan page with a couple of free downloads. Mr. Grinch is mostly wording but cleverly so. The second link is to their website. On the website be sure to check out Freaks and Bar Isole for a little taste of their musicianship. If you ever get a chance to check out a show, it is a ROFLOL good time. There are out of CT, so should be easy to catch in the Northeast.

http://www.caravanofthieves.com/freedownload.php

http://www.caravanofthieves.com/