DjangoBooks.com

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Just got this in! Wow...great playing of course, as you'd expect from a player of this caliber. But it's a lot more than that. Interesting and beautiful new takes on Django's tunes, some of the best guitar adaptions of Romanian fiddling I've heard, and exciting West African kora/guitar fusion tracks. Also includes a hardcover book of Sebastien's paintings....this guy is an art machine! If you're looking for something more than your typical Gypsy shred fest than this is it....very thoughtful, deep, and innovative.

'm
  • thickpickthickpick ✭✭✭
    Michael, will this be available in MP3 format (vs. the big package with the book?)
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Not that I know of...
  • I just received this cd yesterday and listened with my lady. She tolerates and occasionally enjoys various jazz styles, but I experienced a different reaction when I put this cd on.

Instead of replying "it's ok, I guess", she reported "that's really nice" and, when I asked half-way through if she wanted to put on something else, she immediately stated "no, I really like this". Being a professional artist, she also enjoyed the book of Sebastien's art.

What I found particularly engaging about this cd is the originality of the arrangements. Fast, yes, but also incredibly melodic. Recording quality is top-notch while instantly transporting me to a cafe in Paris. When Michael recommended this one, I took a chance, having never heard of Sebastien Ginaux. Easily among the top five cds I've bought this year (and I spend a LOT of money on cds and downloads)!
    Two threads with the same title. This cd is worth two threads, though.