DjangoBooks.com

more neck angel = less fretboard visibility ??

anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
Hey All,

I just recently upgraded from a gitane DG300 to an Alta Mira (pre-re-badged manouche latcho drom nuages model)...

One of the first things I noticed is that the AltaMira has a far more noticeable "neck angle".

What I've also noticed is greater difficulty seeing the fretboard as I play. Have any of you noticed this ?? It seems I have to tilt the guitar backwards (which makes me look like a beginner) just to see the fret board at all...

Cheers!

Comments

• SIMOSIMO New
    Hi to all.I'm new to this forum.
    I' m replying to this because I 'm about to buy an altamira, but I'm not sure about the model M01 M10 or M30.
    What is the guitar in the video?
    Anyone has tried the above 3?
    thanks!
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Hey there,
    my Alta mira is an M01. Here is a vid of me playing Djangos tiger on it.

cheers
  • SIMOSIMO New
    Ok thanks for the video.
    It seems very wet, probably it's your room.
    What mic did you use?
    I see also you changed the tuners, did you have problems with the original ones?
    thanks!
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    Yeah the sound quality of the recording is BAD. I didn't use a mic, just the camera's mic. As for the tuners, I have NOT changed them yet. The tuners in the video are the stock tuners, which are cheep, unsightly and hard to turn.
    As soon as Michael gets them in, I plan to order a set of Schaller gypsy selmer tuners and put them on. The guitar itself sounds great in my opinion. I know it's hard to tell from the recording, but it's far superior to my Gitane DG 300. louder and brighter. Keep in mind that this guitar is basically a manouche latcho drom nuages model, but hasn't been shipped to Dell Arte for finishing touches and labeling. According to Michael, Dell Arte does quite a bit to it to make it better for sale including - a fret job if necessary, nicer tuners, change the bridge to rosewood, etc.
    If you want to hear a better sounding video of how the guitar sounds, check out the manouche latcho Drom vids on either Django books or Caravan.
    I'm guessing the other altamira models are converted either to the latcho Drom Belleville, or the Latcho Drom Djangology (D hole).
  • SIMOSIMO New
    thank.
    I found this last post super useful!
    Now i understand the belleville is the m10 and the nuages is the m01!
    I will listen to sound clips and videos to hear the differences!thanks