DjangoBooks.com

Looking for used Dupont Nomade

kalestilezkalestilez Long Beach, CA✭✭
edited September 2011 in Classifieds Posts: 35
Hi everyone. I'd really like to buy someone's used Dupont Nomade (D-hole). I live in California, and I'll also be at Djangofest Northwest in a few weeks. Please post if you'd be willing to part with one of these guitars. I've quickly outgrown my Cigano =D -Kelly

Comments

• kalestilezkalestilez Long Beach, CA✭✭
    My teacher Jeff Radaich told me that I'd be satisfied with a Nomade or one of the Latcho Droms, but in six months or so I'd probably start wanting something nicer. Knowing me, he's probably right. I've got around 2400$ to spend now, and live in SoCal. I'm trying to get in contact with **** in San Diego to see what he has for sale. Any advice would be appreciated. I mostly play Rhythm, and ideally I'm looking for a D-hole guitar. It would be nice if there was a thread discussing what the different vendors will have at Djangofest Northwest, cause I'd really prefer to just buy a guitar there.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I will have a number of guitars at DjangoFest including the Nomade and Latcho Drom. In recent years Shelley Park has been the only other guitar vendor there but she didn't come last year so I think this year it will probably just be me.

In the mid $2K and below it's tough to beat the Nomade. However I just happen to have a used ALD which is a screaming deal at $2.5K! I can't believe it's last over a week, usually a fine, European, hand made guitar for less than $2K is gone within minutes:

http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/gui ... -2007.html

this model would be around $4k new, so the savings is pretty massive on this one.
  • kalestilezkalestilez Long Beach, CA✭✭
    I'm happy to say that I kept saving my funds, and **** was nice enough to reluctantly sell me his Dupont MC-30. It's the best sounding guitar I've ever had the chance to play. Many of his Dell Arte's sounded equally wonderful, however, they all had long scale necks, which are not my preference. Anyway, I couldn't be any happier with the Dupont, and to boot, while I was at Alains house, the extremely talented Raul Reynoso dropped by and we all djammed. What a privilege! :mrgreen: