DjangoBooks.com

How's everyone doing with Burning Ballads?

Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
edited July 2011 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 203
Been kinda busy lately, and due to gig schedules, been picking' more Telecaster than GJ. But I signed up for Robin's course a while back , and have been working on it as often as I can. I'm really digging the no-notation teaching style. It really works.
Got into the "Hip-chord" section today with the substitutions.
How's everyone else doin'?
Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco

Comments

• NolanNolan Amsterdam✭✭✭✭
    Hi Ian - Good to hear you're digging the material.
    There are still lot's of video lessons to be posted and you'll receive
    your Book and play-along CD in the mail real soon.

Cheers,

Robin
    www.GypsyJazzSecrets.com
    www.Gypsyjazzworldpassport.com
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    Registration wasn't open long enough for my paycheck to catch up. Hoe you are having s good time with it, Ian. Keep me posted and work that 300!
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • Ian RossiterIan Rossiter Fort Vermilion ,Alberta ,CanadaNew
    Thank You, Gentlemen!!
    Practice ,Practice,EAT PRACTICE- Tommy Tedesco
  • I've got to say I wasn't sure how much I'd get from this when I signed up (having already got so much material from other sources) But Robin has a very direct way of teaching and demonstrating.

The techniques are applied to well known tunes and are 'gig ready'. I found I was using them on gigs almost instantly. The thing I really noticed was his demonstrations illustrate the nuances that separate the average from the professional. If you feel you are almost there but not quite sure how to bridge the gap then I think this is a good place to look.

I've been put off from signing up to Robin's courses before because I had the impression they were merely trick bags but he certainly goes into some deep musicality on this one. Playing from the heart is stressed.

Money well spent I think

Ray