DjangoBooks.com

For Lady Gaga fans out there

redbluesredblues ✭✭
edited March 2011 in Welcome Posts: 456
I dont know how many there are, Dario Pinelli has been listening, and I think D. Chang is a fan, personally i aint a fan, but think of all the ladies at the gig gentlemen, someone needs to think about the ladies

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Probably been done a million times before, but that's the first time I've seen someone play brushes on the back of the guitar. Nice. I enjoyed Dario's clip. Lady Gaga has been very clever at working the fame machine and it's amusing to see her impact stretching to these realms. Good singer, but not my bag of bananas. Thanks for posting.
    Swang on, :arrow:
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    Anyone know what software does this video duplexing ?
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    rimm wrote:

its catching
    Wow! I'm not a Lady Gaga fan (at least I wasn't), but the boys in Detroit have done a stunning job with "Paparazzi." I just love it when people do imaginative GJ adaptations of non-jazz tunes, and this is one of the best, right up there with Kruno's "Spiderman," Denis Chang's amazing version of Michael Jackson's "You Are Not Alone," and Adrian Holovaty's YouTube collection.

Just for the hell of it, I watched Lady G's rather fascinating video of this song:

and that led me to this video, shot in a radio station:

Without the electronics, overdubs, pitch correction, dancing, costumes, and quick cuts that are so much a part of contemporary pop packaging, you get Lady G's unadorned singing, which turns out to be pretty damned good, and her serious piano chops. Turns out she started studying piano at age four and studied music at NYU's Tisch School. There's more to this little Lady than meets the eye, it would seem.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Great stuff, I have a new found respect!
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    klaatu wrote:
    [
    There's more to this little Lady than meets the eye, it would seem.

Definitely: nice hat! :)
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    frater wrote:
    klaatu wrote:
    [
    There's more to this little Lady than meets the eye, it would seem.

Definitely: nice hat! :)
    Yeah, I think this is her idea of dressing conservatively.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles