DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

Stef Nä ugarte downstrokebaby Morpion

Comments

• pa_tpa_t ✭✭
    edited May 2014 Posts: 14
    Hello,

Here are 2 short videos taken in Augsburg Memorial 2014 Django Reinhardt (in Germany), on third of May: Amati and Samson Schmitt are testing the Pêche à la Mouche amps, on Coquette, with Hono Winterstein at rythm guitar, and under Dorado's eye!

Same test here, but Samson alone, with Hono, on September Song:

I really love this 1953 sound!

pa_t
    MichaelHorowitz
  • AmundLauritzenAmundLauritzen ✭✭✭✭
    Magnificient sounding amp! But very expensive... I think with a good Stimer and an authentic sounding Selmer copy, you've got THE sound.
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    The amp sounds great, but Hono's le pompe knocks me out. What a solid, driving bed for these guys to solo over. Thanks for posting.
    Swang on,
  • pa_tpa_t ✭✭
    edited May 2014 Posts: 14
    Could be, but original vintage Stimers are very hard to find, even in France, and often in poor condition... That's why I finally bought a Pêche à la Mouche amp and pickup a few years ago, and find they sound great! I really love this warm fat sound; the kind of one Stochelo Rosenberg gets when he uses this amp:

Magnificient sounding amp! But very expensive... I think with a good Stimer and an authentic sounding Selmer copy, you've got THE sound.

• Fat indeed.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Wim GlennWim Glenn oƃɐɔᴉɥƆModerator 503
    Man I must have watched that video about 100 times. Such a great sound. Thanks for reminding me about it...