DjangoBooks.com

Stimer on an archtop?

Anyone had any luck using a Stimer on an archtop? String clearance, feedback, etc. There's a nice clip on YouTube of a French guy playing a Godin 5th Ave with a Stimer (don't know how to post a link). I was wondering if you could use putty (like the stuff that comes with the Schertler pu)?
Swang on,

Comments

Is this the vid?

btw, to post a vid just copy the link and paste it inbetween the youtube tags. Or just post the link.
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    Thanks, that's the one (there's also a couple more) and for the tip on posting videos. He gets a lovely tone. Looks like it's stuck on, I assume with putty, but the pickguard is maybe in the way. Perhaps he has the clips attached to the pickguard. Doesn't sound too noisy either.
    Swang on, :D
    I'm not familiar with how one mounts a Stimer to a Selmac in the first place. Is putty used, too?
  • StevearenoSteveareno ✭✭✭
    They come with clips, which slip under the sound hole for SelMacs. Some people appear to also use tape to keep them in place (looks awful). That Schertler putty stuff works good...at least on my Basik. Whit Smith from Hot Club Of Cowtown sticks his old DeArmond on his Archtop with some kind of putty (maybe the same stuff). Looks good... better than those clunky bars and rods. The Stimer seems to have a very distinctive and unique tone.
    Swang on,