DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

ssabbagh guitarjamr

Some of my recordings

oliverfoliverf VancouverNew
edited December 2010 in Welcome Posts: 21
Hi everyone,
Just thought I'd share some recordings I made with my friend. Hopefully I'm in the right board. Don't click the file names, seems to be a bug there; click the play buttons instead or let them all play. Any feedback would be great. I know I meander a little bit, looking for the right sounds!
Cheers

http://www.myspace.com/556079153

Comments

• Good work, what kind of plec are you using, also what strings?
  • oliverfoliverf VancouverNew
    Good work, what kind of plec are you using, also what strings?

Thanks. Just a regular 1mm pick and some Argentines, on my Gitane.
  • I like the songs, i listened to them all a good few times after while doing stuff at home, but you should definitely get the right pic. You'l be totally surprised at the sound if you've never used it before. I have one i made myself but i think the most recommended is the Wegen available on the site http://shoppingcart.djangobooks.com/Wegen-Picks
    I just used the purple Dunlop 2mm when i was stuck 'cus i didnt have cash to order one on my college budget ha, because they were the only thick ones i could find in town. Some use picks as thick as 5mm but i'm not sure if i could. Mine is about 2.8mm

I know i'm going on about 'just' a plectrum but it really makes gypsy jazz, and i don't mean to sound condescending either, you probably know this already. Will like hearing more songs,
    happy xmas
    Dylan.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    Hello from the other end of Canada! Nice tunes. Do you know Budge Schachte, by any chance?
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • oliverfoliverf VancouverNew
    Thanks guys. I'll have to order one of these picks!