DjangoBooks.com

Hommage a Django: Channel 2 TV France

Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
edited November 2010 in Europe Posts: 1,252
http://www.pluzz.fr/hommage-a-django-reinhardt.html

Ivan just turned me on to this - it's the best quality video I've seen of the Django Centenaire / Hommage a Django stuff. Wonderful concert with styles from traditional to fingerstyle to Rock & Roll.

Man they scooped up a lot of really talented people to put this on, but given the size and poshness of the theatre, I'm sure the ticket prices brought enough to make it work out for the producers.

Very cool stuff.
You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.

Comments

• rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    AMAZING Tchavolo remains my all time fav-great find 8)
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell
  • Joli GadjoJoli Gadjo Cardiff, UK✭✭✭✭ Derecho, Bumgarner - VSOP, AJL
  • GuillaumeGuillaume New York, NYNew
    Unfortunately the Hommage a Django concert is no longer available on the pluzz site - they only keep 7 days worth of programs online. Does anyone know where else it might still be available?

I did watch the documentary Trois Doigts de Genie and was blown away. It was the first time I had heard Django's voice as he was being interviewed and it was very emotional for me. He was surprisingly well spoken in spite of the conventional wisdom that his lack of education came through in his speech. The film is chock full of footage and photos I had never seen before (and I though Swing Guitar had all the known footage of Django...). Some great interviews, including of Grapelli... just wonderful. Hurry up as it's only available on that website until tomorrow.

Guillaume