DjangoBooks.com

Used Gitane 250M

The LosThe Los San DiegoNew
edited October 2010 in Classifieds Posts: 71
Hello,
I'm selling my Gitane 250M. It's in great condition, only a few minor scratches on the body. I also had an internal Schatten pickup and leather under the tailpiece installed. I've owned the guitar for about five years and played it pretty regularly. The body has really opened up and the guitar now has a really bright tone (more so than the usual maples).

Currently, **** has it up on his site but you can contact either of us. The price is $850 but I would be willing to go lower. I'm also throwing a tweed gypsy jazz case free of charge.

Shipping would be Alain's standard rates.

Here is the link: http://www.****/test.php?catid=5&pid=1373

All the best!

Comments

• David F.David F. Vancouver, WA✭✭✭
    Two questions--what's the state of fret wear, and how removable is the pickup?
    Thanks
  • HereticHeretic In the Pond✭✭✭
    The website says, "This guitar is in excellent condition, virtually new ", so fret wear is probably not an issue. They are reputable.

If you really don't want a pickup added, you could consider purchasing a new guitar with case from the Store section of this site for less. You'd have no issue concerning fret wear.
  • The LosThe Los San DiegoNew
    Hi David. There is some fret wear but not much (which is surprising for how much I used to play it). You could certainly remove the pickup and put in a new one. Or have Alain do it for you. Yes, you could buy a new 250M with a case for less here but I guarantee this guitar sounds better; as I have already put in the time and played it consistently for three years (off and on for two) so it has "opened up". I have let Gonzalo, Kevin Nolan, and Paul Mehling all try out the guitar and everyone of them thought it sounded better than any standard Gitane (I hang out with them from time to time so it's not like they were saying this just to be nice).

The price is negotiable as well. Send me a message if you are interested. Maybe we can reach an agreement we all can be happy with. Best to you.