DjangoBooks.com

Paris in November

artoflifeartoflife New
edited November 2010 in Europe Posts: 4
Hi guys,

I'll be in Paris for the last 10 days of november or so.
Does anyone have any recommendation on where to go to get my fix of gypsy jazz?

Keith

Comments

• adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Hi Keith,

I maintain a map of Django-related spots in Paris. Check it out here:

http://tinyurl.com/django-in-paris

Please let me know if any of it is out of date. Living on the other side of the planet, I don't have many chances to verify it.

Adrian
  • LoritmoLoritmo Pacific NW✭✭✭
    Also, once you get there, pick up a freebie called "LYLO" (The Eyes, The Ears). It's a small, free list of all of the music venues for the week. We got it in one of the big department stores, but some of the bars had them also. Names the bar/restaurant, the group, what type of music, and whether there's a cover. It also tells you what arrondissement the bar's in so you can plan out getting there on the Metro.
  • artoflifeartoflife New
    Fantastic!
    Adrian: I'll be sure to send you an update!
    Loritmo: I've heard about this publication, just one question, is it in French or English?
  • LoritmoLoritmo Pacific NW✭✭✭
    Hey, Keith, it's in French, but it's just names of bars and and groups, so it doesn't matter. Just look for "jazz manouche" as the type of music. (They don't seem to use the term "gypsy jazz" in Paris.)

Also, I looked at Adrian's list and it's excellent. Every place we went to or heard about was on his list, so it seems pretty complete.

Lorretta
  • Craig BumgarnerCraig Bumgarner Drayden, MarylandVirtuoso Bumgarner S/N 001
    adrian wrote:
    I maintain a map of Django-related spots in Paris. Check it out here:

http://tinyurl.com/django-in-paris

THAT is really COOL! THANKS!

CB
  • artoflifeartoflife New
    glad to report in from paris. Just an update for anyone else in paris, it seems to be best bet to refer to lylo as most cafes dont have jazz manouche every night. The google map list was useful in finding places, but much easier referring to lylo as it ells you the nearest metro station. Anyone in paris now who wants to hang out, gimme a holla in this thread...
    I'll be here till 27th nov.

Note: atelier charonne has lots of big names playing.. Moreno, ferre brothers etc, but is impossible to get a seat unless youve booked 2 weeks in advance according to the chef when i went there with no reservation hoping for a seat. :(