DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

Andrew Ulle KoryKilgor kanikajaiswal81

Questions about any good stick on pickup.

HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭
Hi,

On my first GJ guitar I have had good results using a K&K floating bridge pickup. I have recently acquired a Dell Arte Petite Bouche (Favino size) guitar. I am hoping if anyone here has any experience with, say, the DiMarzio Acoustic, DTAR, or other stick on pickups.

I tried the Dean Markley which fell short of expectations. Not enough volume, lots of handling noisee even in the attached cable.

I have heard and used a Schertler but its a bit expensive for my projected use.

I also use a Fishman Loudbox for amplication.

Thanks in advance,
HCQ

Comments

• BluesBop HarryBluesBop Harry Mexico city, MexicoVirtuoso
    I've used the Dimarzio and I really liked it. The sound reproduction was natural with no piezo quack It's very low gain so a preamp is probably a must...
    I also owned a Schertler Basik and it was pretty good but a bit too trebly for my taste, good for rhythm, too thin for solos.
    Actually I use a Bigtone for gigs because it's really fat sounding, loud as hell and plug-and-play. A bit artificial sounding though... but still a very practical solution for live lead playing.

Whenever possible I try to use an Audio technica Pro-70 mic, that's the best sound I've found yet but not always gig friendly.
  • HCQHCQ Northeast NJ✭✭✭