Banner Adverts
Closure

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (0)

Related Discussions

Today's Birthdays

jaredjames uoltercarlos

Ted Greene has died

Gminor7Gminor7 Near Chattanooga, TNNew
edited September 2005 in Welcome Posts: 4
Just wanted everyone on this forum to know what I found out only today -- the great Ted Greene, "Chord Chemist", passed away a couple of weeks ago at age of 58. Guitarists seem to die way too young: Django, Charlie Christian, Clarence White, Roy Buchanan, Danny Gatton, Lenny Breau, Wes Montgomery.

Comments

• djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator Dell Arte Hommage
    he died August 10th, by the way.
    ---
    "I want to party like its 1939!"
  • trumbologytrumbology San FranciscoNew
    djangology wrote:
    he died August 10th, by the way.

Archtop mentioned on a thread in his Corner that Greene's "autopsy...tentatively scheduled for Wed., 7/26."

I guess he never recovered from that one :(

BTW, besides Greene's one album, what exists to allow us to sample his artistry? I wonder if we'll be fortunate enough to hear unofficial recordings like the Breau stuff on Guitarchives?

n
  • djangologydjangology Portland, OregonModerator Dell Arte Hommage
    oops.... your right. July 25th. I searched google and saw an article dated August 10th and I naturally assumed that it would be reported near the day of his death but it took 2 weeks to hit the newspaper I guess.
    ---
    "I want to party like its 1939!"