DjangoBooks.com

New Rodrigo Shopis D-hole Favino size guitar

chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
This is a new guitar that was commissioned by guitar collector and dealer Steve Uhrik and will soon be for sale at Musurgia.com (also retrofret.com )

I've played it and it is far and away the best guitar Rodrigo has ever made. If you are in New York I recommend dropping into Steve's store and play this guitar. Incidentally this is also a 12,000 square foot museum of acoustic stringed instruments which has to be seen to be believed. Vintage Electric, Archtop, Classical, Gypsy, Romantic guitars, banjos, ukes, mandolins, one of a kind Baroque flutes, 19th century brass instruments, 78 rpm records, rare books about music, Victorian era prints and photos. A gem in the heart of Brooklyn.

You would have to call for an appointment:

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> or call 718 237 2532

Musurgia - New York String Service
233 Butler Street Brooklyn, NY 11217 USA
charlie

Comments

• JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    Beautiful guitar. Viewed both sites, too. Heaven for guitar players!
  • jmaszlejmaszle New
    I went to Steve Uhrik's amazing music museum in Brooklyn today and played Rodrigo's guitar. I wanted to buy it on the spot but it's a bit out of my price range-- I think you can commission a guitar from Rodrigo for less but there is a bit of a wait, but it is an exceptional concert quality instrument and is one of the nicest gypsy guitRs I've ever played This place has to be seen to be believed. There are more antique guitars than I've ever seen in my life and they are really nice people there in the store. You can stay and play anything as long as you like. Great work Rodrigo!
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    I understand Rodrigo s bulding a Charlie Christian Model for Samson Shmitt
    that he will be playing at Birdland this November. Look forward to hearing it!
    charlie
    I did play this guitar and I've heard a few others that he has brought to Django in June. My opinion is that while they are fine guitars, they seem to be well made, they are rather more modern sounding instruments, closer to a Shelly Park or a Hahl sound than the Selmer/Favino paradigm. I attribute this more to the solid wood construction and a bracing that is a bit stiff. A bit too much overtone for my taste. This is just my own ear I found Rodrigo to be an interesting and friendly fellow. Birelli would appreciate his guitars I bet!

Bill
  • chappiechappie ✭✭✭✭
    Here's the link to Rodrigo's guitar at Musurgia.com :
    http://www.musurgia.com/Products.asp?ProductID=4261
    charlie
  • PassacagliaPassacaglia Madison, WI✭✭✭✭
    What I like in a guitar is a discernible balance of bass, treble and midrange - not a bright, brash, treble leaning guitar as most gypsy style guitars tend to be to my ears. This guitar was loud but with a full palate of sounds - the dark, yet light complexity of Jacques Favino's work, but a strong midrange and tame trebles.

Wow.
    -Paul

pas encore, j'erre toujours.