DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

CyrilGaffiero tbleen Sticconti

Comments

• stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    pigalle_bric.jpg

Bric a Brac is one gorgeous CD--a model of great fresh repertoire beautifully played--check out the slow waltz "L'Adolescente"......wonderful stuff

Stu
  • langleydjangolangleydjango Langley, WA USA✭✭✭✭
    stubla wrote:

Bric a Brac is one gorgeous CD--a model of great fresh repertoire beautifully played--check out the slow waltz "L'Adolescente"......wonderful stuff

Stu

I second that. Pigalle 44 and Reinier Voet continue to be under-appreciated. Their song selection, arrangements and, most of all their playing, are all top-of-the-line.

troy
  • Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
    Here here! Reinier is among the select few who use Gypsy Jazz as a means, not a means to an end. He is a true jazzman and their music is outstanding.
  • nwilkinsnwilkins New
    Although it is hardly necessary I would like to agree with the above comments - Reinier's playing is original and sophisticated, far beyond most GJ players out there (I suppose because it is only really GJ in sound and feeling - and yes Stu, I know that's what you've been saying all along ;) )