DjangoBooks.com

Tony Hughes trioCD I Remember You

edited June 2009 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 11
Hi all.
It has been a pleasure being part of the GJ communtiy for the past six years. It has enriched my musical life immeasureably!
For those of you whose interest run also in the straight ahead jazz guitar as well i am pleased to announce the release of my Trio Cd.
Guitar Bass and Drums i am joined by two fine players playing classic jazz tunes. I hope that many of you will give a listen to some sound clips.
The CD can be purchased on line at www.studiofa.com
Or you can write to me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e -->
I hope to year from you!
Best
Tony Hughes :D

Comments

• CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Tony- I checked out some of the samples they sound great!
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
    Caleb,
    Glad you checked out the samples!
    I like your Cannonball Adderly quote!
    I was able to see his group twice in 1973 with his brother Nat.
    The two gigs i heard at a club in Philadelphia were amazing!
    Hope you get the CD to hear the melody and chord arrangements and the solos. On some tunes i played the harmonized head at tempo on others i did a full chours unaccompanied and brougt the bass and drums in,
    I did a homage to Wes on Black Orpheus the solo beiing entirely in octaves where i also worked in another bossa nova melody of Jobims.
    I think it is called Favella? I also covered Wayne Shorters Black Nile to feature something more avant garde and give the drums a solo.
    All together i am pleased with the project.
    Thanks
    Tony Hughes www.studiofa.com