DjangoBooks.com

Best Travel Guitar?

ibradburibradbur Halifax Nova Scotia✭✭✭
Traveling for a few weeks for work, and hate to break my practice regime, Can anyone recommend a travel guitar best suited to maintaining GJ chops... Thanks.

Comments

• fraterfrater Prodigy
    There are so many inexpensive "silent guitar" around 100/150 euro, even less. Arrow does a very cheap one which is not so bad, Yamaha of course are better, more expensive but it's not so difficult to find a second hand one.
    By the way, I suspect the first prototype of these was made by Mario Maccaferri as shown in the R.F. Charles' book!
  • Tele295Tele295 San Buenaventura (Latcho Drom), CA✭✭✭ Gitane DG300, D500
    If you are traveling by car or rail, it shouldn't be a problem taking a full size instrument. A Cigano GJ10 or 15 would be a great choice, and not earthshattering if something happened to it.

If you are flying and/or space is at a premium, I've been looking at the Dupont Nomade, which has a detachable neck. You could probably fit that into a suitcase.

If you're looking for something silent, electric, or small, then a whole new world opens up.
    Jill Martini Soiree - Gypsy Swing & Cocktail Jazz
    http://www.jillmartinisoiree.com
  • constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    I use a parlor guitar with argentines. The sound isnt gypsy, but the feel of the strings and the legitimate acoustic sound works for me. Stay the hell away from those washburn rover type things, they arent even guitars in my opinion. Check this out (similar to what I use)...small portable size and a real guitar:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-2009-Seagull-Co ... 1|294%3A50
    Just watch the nut width on those parlors (some are less than 1 3/4 and you dont want that), otherwise they are ideal for travel plus you will play it at home too.
  • fraterfrater Prodigy
    I have an old Seagull Grand (all solid), and it's a great guitar, incredibly loud considering the dimension...
  • JazzDawgJazzDawg New
    :) Oh, yeah, I want one of those. Do they come with pickups? I'd like to plug it into my porta-amp.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I've got a Nomade coming in soon, that would be a great travel guitar.