DjangoBooks.com

new guy on the block

edited February 2009 in Welcome Posts: 4,730
Just joined and wanted to say hi.
So
Hi
For a last couple of years I've been trying to learn to play some GJ and I always loved Django and his music.
Couple of days ago I got the "proper" instrument too so I can stop trying to make Martin sound like Selmer.
It's a Selmer copy hand made by Macedonian luthier Risto Ivanovski. Wonderful instrument, couldn't be happier.
I'm looking forward to spend time around here.
Cheers
Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel

Comments

• crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Hi there and welcome to the Djangobooks forum.
    I like theIvanovski guitars they look great and sound fantastic but they are really hard to come buy in the UK, maybe I'll save up and buy direct from him.

Anyway, good luck with the GJ and have fun
    Alan
    always learning
    Actually when I finally scraped enough money to buy Ivanovski guitar at the time there were 3-4 new instruments in the States for sale. But after contacting Risto he advised me to work directly with and I'm so glad I did. He's a wonderful person, easy to work with and came through for me a 100%. Yes there is a wait period but it's a sweet wait. And the guitar...I'm in heaven!
    Maybe for a good deal on a used one I'd consider otherwise, besides that go to the man.
    And thank you
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel