DjangoBooks.com

adrien moignard style

thomasbaggermanthomasbaggerman The NetherlandsNew
edited April 2009 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 10
Is anyone working on the style of Adrien Moignard and Noe Reinhardt for example?

Working on the style I figure that its a lot of bireli tricks :), chromatism, arpeggio up, (bebop) scale down, trytone subs, the ability to play what you hear, a very tight band and endless creativity! haha

Anyone have some nice idea's?

Check this out man, the whole band is so tight man, they enforce eachother perfectly. The best music in the world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUMwNXDoRG8

Ciao,

Thomasso

Comments

• plectromanplectroman Albany New YorkNew
    It sounds to me like Adrien has listened as closely to modern jazz as he has to GJ....Wes Montgomery and Charlie Parker, every thing seems to be grist for the mill. I hear him play a hendrix lick and then somehow resolve it like bebop...then some chords voiced in 4th's and then GJ...it seems he doesn't have boundaries like most GJ players, sometimes it looks like he does reverse sweeps..then some really assured single note downstroking...the mind boggles!
    everything is everything
  • PaganiniPaganini New
    Thomas,
    fully agree, their creativity and swingfeel is amazing. Adrien keeps surpising me, it seems that he has a box full with never ending ideas.
    His feel for swing is unbelievable, if he plays fast or slow, every note always exactly in the right place :shock:

groeten uit Den Haag