DjangoBooks.com

30th annual Django Festival, Norway

FlabbenFlabben Bergen, NorwayNew
edited January 2009 in Europe Posts: 14
Text below copied from Jon Larsen's Myspace blog at www.myspace.com/jonlarsenguitar (the documentary mentioned is a Norwegian project filmed over several years; editing was apparently finalized last week :D ):

Great news to all guitar and/or Django fans: the 30th annual Django Reinhardt Festival in Norway will be arranged 23-24th January 2009! It's in the jazz club Cosmopolite, in the center of Oslo.

More info at: www.cosmopolite.no
The creme-de-la-creme of the artists in the genre today, including three of the new genaration's most imaginative guitar improvisators will be there: Adrien MOIGNARD (g) and his ensemble ZAITI, Nomy ROSENBERG (g), Fiona MOMBET (vn), the French/Russian gypsy ensemble ARBAT, Roumanian Marian PETRESCU (pno) with his trio, Noé REINHARDT and his trio, and HOT CLUB DE NORVEGE - featuring yours truly. And the jam! And new CDs, and DVD's! The new documentary about Jimmy Rosenberg will be shown! And more!

Welcome to Oslo 23-24 January! Jazz ain't dead, it just smells funny!
See you at the Django Festival!
Yours,
Jon Larsen

Comments

• Atle St.Atle St. Oslo, NorwayNew
    I'll be there !
    Never missed the Oslo Django festvial once since '94 - this is my 16th time
    Atle, Oslo Norway
  • Atle St.Atle St. Oslo, NorwayNew
    Never a Django festival without a no-show. This time it is Noè Reinhardt who canceled the day before the show (tonight). I think Jon Larsen is stepping in and "improvises". What would string swing here in Oslo be without that man !
    Atle, Oslo Norway
  • SigurdSigurd Copenhagen, DenmarkNew
    And what a weekend this was! Although the Noè Reinhardt Trio didn't show up, we had no reason to complain. Adrien was even better than I had imagined. There's no doubt we'll be hearing a lot from him in the future. Also surprisingly good was Fiona Mombet, a young talent from Paris.

Not to mention the Nomy Rosenberg trio. We know him best for his rhythm playing, but he showed us that he also know how to play lead in the real Rosenberg style