DjangoBooks.com

Stimer Modèle M12 Amplifier (made by Maurice Dupont)

Comments

WOW!
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I put this amp through it's paces the last week and it passed with flying colors! If you're looking for a gorgeous, ultra warm, vintage Django like amplified tone then this is it. This thing just screams "1950s Django!."

It sounds absolutely dreamy with a Stimer pickup....the tubes produce beautifully rounded highs that make your leads sound thick while the huge 12" speaker pumps out very defined low end with little or no "boominess".

It's just great and all in a 20lbs cabinet....so easy to transport. Also has plenty of headroom....very loud!

I also like the simplicity of it...just two knobs. Tone and volume....and pretty much no matter what you do it sounds awesome! Just plug and play...no hassles and/or endless fidgeting with knobs.

I brought it to our Monday night jam and everyone loved it! Kevin Nolan gave it a whirl and thought it was a great rig for rhythm!

'm
    Thanks for the report. I'd bet it looks even better in person! Or is that in amp?
  • drollingdrolling New
    WOW! very nice..

I, too, have been casting about for an amp to go match my Stimer ST48 (RI) and none of the usual suspects kicking about my studio seem to do this p-up justice.. Including a couple of vintage Supro/Nationals with the same complex layout of tone AND volume controls.

What kind of valves are used in the Stimer reissue? I can see what looks like a 12x7a preamp tube, but curious about the power tubes. Some of my amps use power & rectifier tubes that are no longer in production, so I'm assuming the Stimer's been retooled to take tubes that are still available.

How about the cabinet materials? 20 lbs. is a LOT lighter than some of my plywood monstrosities from the early 60s.

I'd like to know a bit about the speaker, too. It certainly looks period correct!

Thanks chaps
    dr
  • drollingdrolling New
    A bit more info about this amp would be greatly appreciated!
    Sorry, the one we had is sold. Dupont doesn't have the specs listed anywhere so we'll have to wait until another one arrives.

All they have online is:

<**** colspan="2" class="fond-trace"> </****>

<**** valign="top" width="248">
    <**** class="titres-amplis-gros">Modèle M12 </****>

Puissance :
    12w

Lampe de préamp. : 1 x 6AV6

............................. 1 x
    12AU7

Lampe de puissance : 2 x EL84

Redressement : 2 x 6X4

.................. ou 2 x EZ90

Sortie : 8 ohm

Contrôles : Gain, Tone

Modèles : Combo

Options : Tolex

Poids : 9,7 Kg

Dimensions : Hauteur : 44,5 cm

...................Largeur : 38 cm

...................Profondeur : 18 cm

Quantité H.P. : 1 X 12" - 8 ohm

Prix : 1 450 €

Téléchargement : Mode d'emploi

</****>
    <**** class="avant-modeles" align="center" valign="top">

Agrandir

Agrandir

</****>

• drollingdrolling New
    Thanks Michael,

Power tubes are the type used in VOX/Marshall, so I know I'd love it!

At 2o lbs.. the speaker magnet & transformers must be tiny - Not necessarily a bad thing, especially, as Ted notes, if you're dragging it uptown on the bus.

Love to hear some clips, if the next one sticks around long enough!

Really appreciate the info!
    dr
    Can you get that warm tone from Django's 1953 sessions with this amp and the stimer pickup? Wow... I'd love to hear some clips, too.
    Yes...it's ULTRA WARM! :D FAT CITY!! :D:D