DjangoBooks.com

I met the Rosenberg Trio

edited October 2008 in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 193
Hi (I posted this late because our internet was broken)

Thursday 25 September I went to a concert of the Rosenberg Trio in a Dutch city called Zaltbommel.

The concert was super, they didnt play alot of Django music but it was super !
Some tunes that I can remember:
-Artillery Lourde
-Spain
-Turks Fruit
-Shindlers List theme
-Alot of brazilian
-a tango

In the break I asked somebody who worked there If they did sign autographs, he sayed "No, but I could ask them". So after a few minutes he came back and sayed "Yes, they wan't to sign autographs". So enjoyed the rest of the concert and then when I walked out the man sayed "follow me".

We went backstage and there they where. I first shaked Stochelo's hand and asked if he would sign my guitar, "waar moet ie komen" (where should I sign the autograph). He is a very nice person, he smiles all the time :). Then I went to Nonnie, he signed my guitar to, super ! . Finally , I went to Nous'sche, he had a beer in his hand and putted it away. After he signed my guitar I asked "Kun je iets gaafs spellen" (Can you play something cool". So he picked my guitar (Richwood :( ) and play a very nice tune :). Then he sayed "goede gitaar" (good guitar), I was like ... its a richwood , thats not a good guitar. But he could play very good on it :)

I was very happy with the autographs. Here is a picture
img0747jl8.th.jpgthpix.gif

DjangoDjango :)

Comments

• AdelaarvarenAdelaarvaren Ballard, WA, USANew
    Dat is uitstekend.... Zij zijn aanpassed en aardig!

So, Zaltbommel on Thursday, then in Langely, WA, USA Saturday and Sunday nights... No wonder Stochelo was making jokes about being tired and that it was 7 am in the Netherlands at the Saturday night show!

They still were amazing :)
    That's so cool!
  • djadamdjadam Boulder, CONew
    Funny, last time I was in Europe, I caught the Rosenbergs in Zaltbommel. I think it was called Theater Poorterij or something. Nice little theater and a cute little town. They must play there regularly.
    djadam wrote:
    Funny, last time I was in Europe, I caught the Rosenbergs in Zaltbommel. I think it was called Theater Poorterij or something. Nice little theater and a cute little town. They must play there regularly.

They play there every year :) , I live in a town 15 km from Zaltbommel, I go to school in Zaltbommel lol
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    edited October 2008 Posts: 2,161
  • SalieriSalieri Europe, Romania✭✭✭
    How lucky you were! Super! What I want that autographs...you lucky !
    140annl.png
    Visit my YouTube profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/Xiphosss
    Vive Django!